Friday, February 12, 2010

TWELVE-AND-A-HALF inches !!!

Can you believe we got that much snow in Texas? I grew up with snow. We lived in Florida but went skiing every year. My kids, on the other hand, haven't seen a significant snowfall since they were very little. (Actually, Luke has never seen it now that I think about it!) Needless to say, they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We were a little unprepared in the snow gear department. Kallie had on a raincoat. Seth wrapped a bandana around his head. Luke wore my mittens. But they didn't care. They played with the neighbors for hours. Luke would come in periodically, hand me his gloves (which meant he wanted me to put them in the dryer) and then he'd run into the bathroom and run his hands under warm sink water. kidsinthesnow

School was canceled today and Kallie was devastated. She loves school, especially when there's a party, and today was going to be their Valentine's party. She keeps asking me if there's school tomorrow, and I don't have the heart to tell her she has three more days at home.

Kallie had some bloodwork done on Wednesday. She's been unusually tired lately with lots of sore throats and tummy aches. The tests all came back normal. I think 35 hours a week of kindergarten is just a lot for a little girl. We may have to push bedtime up a little for her body to keep up. Kallie was showing Luke the little dot on her arm where they took her blood and he said, "Kallie, I like your bloodwork!" Sweet Luke. He is complimenting everything these days. Mommy, I like your hair...Mommy, I like your feet...Mommy, I like your house. Tonight he asked for the book, "Guess How Much I Love You" at bedtime. He has been especially mushy-gushy lately and I love it.

Well, I'm not totally sure how I'm going to do with keeping up with this blog, but I think I'm just going to give myself permission to not be perfect about it. To not have to include every picture, every story, and every event. We'll just see how that works!

1 comment:

Diane Taylor said...

Looks like they had so much fun! What a treat!