Friday, June 19, 2009

June 18, 2009 ~ The 2nd Annual Camp Photo Shoot

We're at youth camp this week.  The kids really do look forward to this all year long.  They don't, however, look forward to the night that Mom puts them in nice shirts and makes them pose for pictures!  Last year I took pictures at camp and really enjoyed them, so I thought I'd try it again.  You can click here to see last year's pictures...they've changed so much!

campphotoshoot5campphotoshoot6

Seth will be 8 on Sunday and is such a sweet kid.  I know I say that all the time, but it really is true.  He absolutely loves spending time with his Daddy and with the youth group.  One thing I've really noticed this week about Seth is that he is so intense.  He feels everything so much.  He puts his whole heart into all that he does.  He's so aware of the world around him and such a realist.  We were looking over our balcony at a beautiful valley in the distance yesterday and he said, "When I see that it just makes me realize how big the world is."  Those are normal thoughts for Seth.  My prayer for Seth is that one day that enormous heart of his will be so full of love for the Savior that he can hardly contain it.  God can do a lot with a heart as big as Seth's.

campphotoshoot1campphotoshoot2

Kallie is five now and turning into a little lady.  She clings to me more and more and wants to do the things that I do.  She has been "practicing" her singing this week and asking me questions like, "Mommy, did you just keep trying and trying until you could sing like that?"  She still has the mind and heart of a child, and I love that so much about her.  She loves to be loved and to love.  My prayer for Kallie is that she would dream big dreams for God...and even though those dreams may seem irrational and illogical, God would take the crazy dreams of a wonderful little girl to do great things for Him.

 campphotoshoot3 campphotoshoot4

Luke is 3 and all that comes with it...all boy, high energy, and a laugh a minute.  He's a charmer and always has a sparkle in his eye.  He is persistent and smart.  He's learning so fast and watching everything that his brother and sister do and listening to everything that they say.  He learns from them yet is nothing like them...he's definitely his own person.  My prayer for Luke is that the Lord would take all of that enthusiasm and determination and use it for His kingdom in a big way!    

campphotoshoot8campphotoshoot7

tagendallison

2 comments:

Alli said...

Love these pics, Allison! You are a blessed woman! Great job! Just bought a camera....I want to know your photo tricks!

Mary Taylor said...

We totally missed Seth's birthday. I can't believe it! Well, I guess I can believe it. We have to make up for it!